Monday, June 30, 2014

SED 501 Summer 2014

Hello!  My name is Amy Mahoney and I am excited to be taking this Media Literacy course with Dr. Bogad.  I majored in journalism and Spanish at UMass Amherst, and I love learning about anything media-centered.  I'm an avid "tweeter" on Twitter; it's a fun way to connect with my students outside of class, and it's actually encouraged by my administrators at Norton High School, where I teach Spanish.  This is my first every summer graduate course; I'm in the ASTL program with the Fall 2013 cohort, a.k.a. #TheCohort.   In fact, Dr. Bogad was my first professor here at RIC; I am taking this course because I had an amazing and eye-opening experience with her already.   I hope to be spending all of my "down" time in Narragansett with my family, but I'm taking another week-long class in Norton in late July.

No comments:

Post a Comment